Monday, February 20, 2012

what a week!

Last week was quite a long week.

And I am reading that everyone's week was pretty long as well.

All that partying we did on Valentine's Day made it feel like a Friday. Not a Tuesday at all. I woke up in the middle of the night on Tuesday fully convinced that the next day was Saturday. Imagine my sadness when my alarm welcomed me to Wednesday.

Speaking of Valentine's Party ~ I had a simple plan. When it comes to class parties I like to keep it as simple as possible, yet fun. I sent a note home to parents explaining that we'd be decorating sugar cookies along with passing out our little love notes Valentine's. I was supplying the heart-shaped sugar cookies and asked the parents to supply frosting and toppings. So simple, right? So then why did three kids show up with other frosted cookies, mini cupcakes, and chips. Ugh! There goes my simple plan. I know these kids can read! I've heard them. How about their parents?

I know, I have control issues.

The rest of the week dragged on and on and on.

Now, we are at the beginning of a short week. First President's Day today (yay!), then staff development tomorrow. However, these short weeks tend to turn into long weeks. We'll see.

   

No comments: