Monday, August 6, 2012

monday made it


I'm liking up today with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It.

Although I've been thinking, surfing the net, and pinning all summer long, I haven't really starting making anything for my classroom. Come on, actually making it might bring the summer to a close far too quickly.

I went to work in my classroom three mornings last week. Well, it can be counted as only one and a half mornings, because there was a lot of time catching up with the office ladies, my 2nd grade buddy, and my next door neighbor. I've hung fabric and border on my bulletin boards. My furniture is mostly in place. And there are books strewn out everywhere being sorted & checked for the class library.

I did finally get started on a few things at home and have several things in progress.



I finished the signs for my CAFE board for the Daily 5. I used a modified-to-my-taste version of the CAFE and Daily 5. Having the strategies on the board for the students to reference is a great tool. This year I am aiming to remember to post all the strategies we talk about.



I am doing an owl theme for my class this year. I bought some premade items, but I really like to give my class a custom look.



This little baby helps with the custom look. My Silhouette was whirring away the morning cutting out more things for me to glue together.



I'm not sure where this little darlin' is going yet, but I couldn't resist making her. So cute!



Here's a sneak peek at a project that's about half finished. I'm hoping to get it done this week to share with you next week. It's turning out great! I'm so excited!

What did you make this week?

   

2 comments:

Fancy Free in 4th said...

Love the OWL signs!

I found you on Made it Monday linky!
I am having a 300 follower giveaway with lots of goodies, so be sure to stop by my blog
Layla

Fancy Free in Fourth

The Polka Dot Room said...

Love the owls!! Owls are my theme too. I have a Cricut and I just got an owl cartridge...haven't used it yet. I've mostly been using clipart, but I need to get that thing out and get it going!! My mat is not sticky anymore, maybe I need a new one. I've thought about spraying it with adhesive, but I don't know if the paper would permanently stick to it then. Anyway, that was such a side bar conversation! LOL

Come follow me at my new blog!
I'm your newest follower, #11!

Susan
owlroom.blogspot.com