Saturday, July 13, 2013

favorite pins fri(satur)day

I'm joining Cara at The First Grade Parade for Favorite Pins Friday.


Some of these pins are older than this week, so I'm breaking the rules just a little bit. 


T E A C H E R    P I N S


4mula Fun! has a fun Math About Me assignment for the beginning of the year. The students tell 8 facts about themselves in mathematical format - using basic operations but can include parentheses and exponents. This is for sure on my list of first week activities. Third graders will not typically be able to use much past addition and subtraction, but it will be fun to see what they will come up with. It can give me a snapshot about what they know about math already.



Teaching with a Mountain View has some great visual ways to help students understand elapsed time. Elapsed time can be such a rough concept for some kids. She shows several different ways to help them  grasp the concept. She also has a packet of differentiated work on TpT that looks great.


R E C I P E S


I pinned these chimichangas a while ago from My Fridge Food. I tried them one Saturday for lunch. They were so easy to make and tasted muy bueno! And they are a little health conscious because they are baked instead of fried. I've tried several recipes that I've pinned that have turned out to be disasters or just so-so. You won't be sorry if you try these.

I need to make these again soon.



Doesn't this Loaded Baked Potato Salad look good?

It has bacon.

Need I say more?



And this Country Club Chicken Casserole? Yum!


L E T ' S    M A K E    S O M E T H I N G



I'm keeping my owl theme next year, but the room will need a few fun updates, of course. How would this guy look? Awesome, right?




And since I bought some extra burlap, how about this for the front door. The tutorial for this is at Live a Little Wilder.


F U N N Y



I cannot go without a little humor.

You know it's true.

See you in the schoolyard. Wait! It's summer. See you at the pool.

     

No comments: